As with any competitive shooter, ping stability is essential for a good gaming experience. So, if you were struggling with high ping during your competitive games, we are going to show you 6 ways to fix your high ping in Rainbow Six Siege. But first you need to knowHow to view your ping in Rainbow Six Siege.
Method 1: Check the Rainbow Six Siege Server Status
The first thing you should do before trying the methods below is to check your Rainbow Six Siege game server status. Orb6-Gameserveris regularly maintained which keeps the game connection stable or even prevents players from logging in. You can check the server status by visiting thisofficial Ubisoft support pageand verify that the servers are working as expected.
Method 2: Restart the router and modem
The most effective way to resolve many issues related to your network connection is to reset your router and modem devices. This way you can also minimize your high latency issues on all Rainbow Six Siege servers and maintain good ping throughout the game. For this method to work properly, you need to restart your devices properly or restart them multiple times. Here is a simple guide to learn how to do this power cycle:
- separate the twoModemErouterfrom the power supply.
- wait near20 seconds, and just turn on theModemback to your power supply.
- hope90 secondsmore, and now connect therouterback to your power supply.
- Wait until all the green lights are on before testing your connection.
- Now go back to the game to see if your ping has improved.
If you frequently experience network latency issues, contact your ISP to determine if this connection issue is occurring due to issues on their part. If the problem is not on their side, then you should consider changing your router or modem.
Method 3: Use an Ethernet cable
In some cases, it is not possible to use a wired connection due to physical obstacles in your home, but if this is not the case and you have the option to switch from a Wi-Fi connection to a wired connection, please do so immediately. . Wireless connections are more likely to experience network lag and other network connection issues including high ping in Rainbow Six Siege. After making this change, go back to Rainbow Six Siege and test that your internet connection is working. If not, you need to check if the cable really works.
The price of Ethernet cable can vary, but this does not affect the quality of your own connection. Basically, you can work with any network cable that can work.
Method #4: Close background apps
Another great way to reduce occasional lag spikes in Rainbow Six Siege is to limit your network data usage by closing apps that are eating up your bandwidth while you're playing. So, if you want to minimize network lag and maintain a lower overall ping, close any background apps you're not currently using. On Windows OS, you can see the list of applications running in the background in Task Manager. Follow this step-by-step guide to learn how to close these apps:
- Right-click on the taskbar and clickTask Manager.
- click on itnetwork To divide. Applications are displayed in descending order. Those with the highest bandwidth usage will be first on the list.
- Select the apps you want to close and click on themend task.
Method #5: Update your network drivers
Updating your computer's drivers is very important and ensures that your devices are working at their best. So make sure you install the latest version of the network driver if you experience lag spikes when playing Rainbow Six Siege. Each version of Windows has a tool that automatically searches the Internet for drivers. Follow this simple step-by-step guide to learn how to update your network drivers:
- Go to the Windows search bar, search fordevice Manager, and pressureProhibited.
- click innetwork adapterto collapse the list and right-click on the first option.
- click inupdate drivers, and select theAutomatically search for driversPossibility.
- The system detects whether you are using the latest version of the network driver. If not, the latest free version of the driver will be downloaded and installed.
Method #6: Configure Windows Update Delivery Settings
If you have a poor internet connection, you can easily reduce lag spikes when playing Rainbow Six Siege by changing the default setting in Windows Update settings. System default settings allow Windows to update automatically, and these updates can occur at any time, even during Rainbow Six Siege. Here is a simple guide on how to change this setting:
- Go to the Windows search bar, search forWindows Update delivery settings, and pressureProhibited.
- click inexpanded options.
- Mark theMeasured bandwidth percentageand highlight the first square that limits bandwidth usage for downloading updates inbottom.
- Put in percentage bar10% or less. This setting limits bandwidth usage and improves your ping in Rainbow Six Siege.
Method #7: Open ports on your router for Rainbow Six Siege
Routers typically disallow incoming network requests from unknown sources. The design serves to protect your network data centers from potential network attacks. However, this feature can also prevent your data center from receiving game files and cause packets sent from Rainbow Six Siege game servers to be lost. Opening these ports can be tricky. So, refer to the following guide to know how to open these router ports:
- Above all, you need to know yourthe IP address of the routersit's yoursIP address of PCs. You can display both viacommand prompt.
- Go to the Windows search bar, search forcmd, and hitProhibited.
- Now type the command in the command promptipconfigand pressureProhibited. The router's IP address is displayed next todefault gateway,and the PC's IP address is displayed next to Internet Protocol version 4, whichIPv4 address.
- Go to your browser and type thethe IP address of the routersin the address bar.
- The router program will probably ask you to login withyour usernameEpassword, do this to advance.
- This next step depends on your router, but try to find itport forwardingPossibility.
- In the Port Forwarding section, first enable bothTCPEUDPI amProtocolbox and put yourIP address of PCsI amIP internoFeld.
- use bothexternal doorEinner doorall TCP/UDP ports of Rainbow Six Siege and restart your router(In some router programs you have to enter it individually):
- PC/Dampf: TCP: 13000, 13005, 13200, 14000, 14001, 14008, 14020, 14021, 14022, 14023, 14024 / UDP: 6015
- Xbox: TCP: 80, 443 / UDP: 3074, 6150, 10000-10099
Rainbow Six Siege is the crowning achievement of Ubisoft's efforts in the esports scene. Do you want to know how to improve your gaming experience when playing Rainbow Six Siege? Then read our articlehow to improve your FPS in Rainbow Six Siege, and if you want to know the best way to view your FPS during a game, check out our article onhow to show your FPS in Rainbow Six Siege. If you want more tips on how to fix high ping in general, check out one of our related articles.how to fix high ping in Escape from Tarkov.
According to reports, players are experiencing high ping because of incorrect selection of the server by the game. As a consequence, players enter a completely different zone with much higher ping.Why is my ping so high and how can I fix it? ›
- Try moving closer to your router. ...
- Close background programs and websites that are in use. ...
- Connect fewer devices to the Wi-Fi network. ...
- Reboot your router. ...
- When gaming make use of local servers. ...
- Check with your Internet Service Provider for any issues. ...
- Connect your device directly to your router.
- Connect via ethernet cable. Ethernet cable connection is usually preferred for online gaming. ...
- Eliminate bandwidth hogs. ...
- Connect to the right server. ...
- Use a gaming VPN. ...
- Use PingEnhancer. ...
- Perform a clean boot. ...
- Make sure PC and router are not overheating. ...
- Keep all the drivers up-to-date.
- Try using the server closest to your geographical location. ...
- Get a wired connection. ...
- Remove Unnecessary Load. ...
- Restart your network connection. ...
- Check the status of the game server. ...
- Update your hardware configuration.
Possible causes of bad ping: Distance from the server. Your internet connection. The number of hops you go through.Why am I lagging in Rainbow Six Siege with low ping? ›
If you mean internet lag (ping), it could be an issue with R6 servers, or your ping is too high (if you didn't know, ping and upload/download speed are different). Try restarting your router and leaving it off for a minute, then turning it back on. If you still get lag, I would try buying a Powerline.